So, my friends and I have this kind of food-travelling plan for each month. We call it "hedonism ritual". Usually we go to fancy restaurants and eat good and tasty food after having a whole month of busy schedules and activities.

Hohoho, today is a hedonism day again! My friends were tagging me to go with them to two fancy dining place at Fairgrounds Jakarta, SCBD Kuningan.

The first place we went was The Goods Diner. I can say this dining place is fancy, with simple modern furniture and also simple menu. Woohoo, for those who loved to enjoy the paradise of that Western-look foreign people and expatriates, this is a right place for you. Yep, there were so many 'bule's eating in The Goods Diner. The staffs were helpful and polite.


 From the menu, I can assume that they serve, mostly, American food, even though they had some fusion of Asian food or even Indonesian food, like Ox Tail Fried Rice.

The most recommended choices here are the burgers. Coffee Rubbed Burger  was the favorite menu among the others. It was quite big from what I see from another table. (stalking mode, haha)

However, I tried another menu. Instead of burger, I ordered sandwich: Meatball Sub. Sub? Maybe it stands for subway because it is a sandwich, with meatballs, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese inside. They served this menu along with potato chips, which in my opinion, was a bit too salty. But hey, actually that blended naturally with the sandwich which was quite plain. Even the sauce. Not too sour, not too sweet. The meatball was cooked medium, I guess, since you still can see the juicy pink-ish part if you cut the meatball in a half. Boo-hoo, too bad, maybe because I'm Indonesian, I don't think a plain sandwich and salty chips mix well. So my weapon was.... chili sauce!! Haha




For drinks, they offer some varieties of drinks, from juices, soft drinks, milkshake, smoothies, or some liquor. I chose Pineapple Mint Smoothies. The mixture was unusual, but it tasted quite good. I still can taste some sprinkles of mint leaves. Again, not too sweet, not too sour. I felt more milk than pineapple, not like what I expected when I order it. I was actually expecting it to be a bit sour so it would refresh the taste that the meatball left before. But overall, it wasn't too bad for a drink. 



Aaaanndd, here we go, to the second place! Potato Head Garage! What do you expect when you hear the name? Well, the name reflects a cute small restaurant with simple and modern furniture. I expected something like the Canteen, or e Birra. But IT IS NOT SIMPLE AT ALL!!


When I entered the hall towards the dining area, WOW, it was amazing... The furniture, the decorations.... You will feel like you're travelling back to the Victorian era with those chandeliers, antique lamps, and fancy dining sets. And they also have a bar in the middle of the hall.


Even though the atmosphere was luxurious, the menu was simple. It was printed in a big A3 paper with cute drawings behind.

Because I have just ate at The Goods Diner, I only ordered the desserts and drink here. I ordered a Sweet Potato Caramel for dessert, and as a drink, Watermelon No Hiko.



Sweet Potato Caramel looked like a pudding of sweet potato, served with caramel ice cream, caramel sauce, and some baked almonds to add flavour. The 'pudding' was quite umm, how to say it... bittersweet. The cinnamon taste was strong. And unlike any ordinary caramel sauce, the sauce had a bitter end-taste too. The ice cream was tasty (well, partly because I like ice cream).


Watermelon no Hiko offered you, again, a mint taste. It consists of watermelon juice, lime water, and mint water, with some mints leaves as a garnish. This time, it was quite sweet and sour, and I like this one better.



That's the review for today's hedonism ritual, kkk XD